National (free) Wills Week this year is from 11 to 15 September 2023.
The importance of an up-to-date and valid Will cannot be over-estimated.
In your Will you:
- appoint the person who you want to take care of the winding up of your affairs (legal and practical aspects)
- appoint the legatees to who you want to give specific items (eg a family heirloom, watch or piece of jewellery)
- appoint your heirs, the persons to who you want to leave the residue of your estate (spouse, children or others)
- give specific instructions to your executor in regard to your personal affairs and items (bury or cremate, service or not)
- protect your beneficiaries from being taken advantage of (exclusion from community marriages, etc.)
Call us (Lienou on 021 4242 3937) or email us at email@example.com to get an appointment with us (in person or virtually) to update your existing Will or to draw up a new Will, at no cost to you.
This article is a general information sheet and should not be used or relied on as legal or other professional advice. No liability can be accepted for any errors or omissions nor for any loss or damage arising from reliance upon any information herein. Always contact your legal adviser for specific and detailed advice. Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE).